What Kind of Funeral?
These are the kinds of questions we will help you think through:
Did the person who has died express any wishes about:
- the kind of funeral they wanted?
- whether they wanted to be buried or cremated?
Are you thinking of:
- a green, alternative or traditional funeral?
- a small intimate funeral or a larger public one?
- holding the service at home or in a village hall?
Do you want:
- a particular type of coffin or shroud?
- to hire vehicles like a hearse or limo or use your own?
- to have family members or friends bear the coffin during the funeral?
Would you like:
- to be involved in the washing and dressing of the body?
- to view the body?
- to hold a vigil or wake before the funeral?
Do you have views on:
- orders of service? announcements in local or national newspapers?
After the funeral, will you:
- have a post-funeral gathering?
- inter the ashes in a formal ceremony?
- plan a memorial of some kind?